Product Description: 60 Caps / 50mgs each, time release capsule
- 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin was discovered in 1996 and shown to have an anabolic/androgenic ratio similar Anavar, but without the side effects of liver toxicity or testing positive for steroidal therapy. Athletes claim to have seen strength increases in 3-5 days, and muscle mass increases in 3-4 weeks.
- This compound has shown up as a standalone in Anabolica and Zoe's Ecdysterone.
- 5a-hydroxy-laxogenin is a steroidal sapinogen
- Marketing claims for this compound say it is the only product ever designed to increase mass and strength without steroidal influence and that it doesn't test positive for steroids.
- Tests showed that protein synthesis increased by over 200%. In testing, 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin has balanced cortisol response, which is the major cornerstone to healthy recovery and reduction of muscle wasting.
- Balances cortisol on calorie restricted diets
- Helps control glucose and increases thyroid function.
Drips and Drabs pulled from the Internets....
"Laxogenin does indeed have some pretty profound anti-inflammatory effects. In addition to being able to be synthesized from Diosgenin, it is a component of smilax sieboldii."
"Laxogenin is a steroidal sapogenin isolated from Smilax sieboldi. As a spirostanic analogue of the brassinosteroid - teasterone, Laxogenin is noted for it's growth promoting activity [in plants]. It has also been demonstrated to aquire [cytotoxic] properties however, to what degree, I am not sure. In contrast, Laxogenin was demonstrated to aquire antitumor-promoting activity in a two-stage lung carcinogenesis experiment."
"The best (published) study can be found in the journal Phytochemistry, 1971, vol. 10, pp 1339-1346. Again in 1989, same journal vol. 28, no. 9 pp 2509-2511 (laxogenin acetate). There is reference going back to 1965 in Chem. Pharm. Bull. 13(5), pp. 545-550 (laxogenin).
It was Syrov's paper of 1976 though, appearing in Farmakol, Toksikol that really sparked my interest. The paper is entitled, "An Experimental Study on the Anabolic Activities of 6-keto Derivatives of some natural sapogenins".
It details the 4 sapogenins (referred to as compounds 1-4 in the Soviet Union) and gives source material, results of the classic steroid model (levator ani studies) and mentions other clues critical to their use. Most of these compounds can be derived from Diosgenin (so can testosterone).